Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everything old is new again

I've always loved antique stores---be they up scale or flea market level, there is something about the history of a piece that's always fascinated me.

I've collected a lot of things over the years: Carnival Glass, Whiting & Davis bags, mosaic jewelry, personal salt & pepper shakers, etc. Trust me, there's been a lot of collections. Sadly, during my apartment days I didn't have the room (or the money) to buy larger pieces. Ah, who am I kidding---if I hadn't spent the money on my other collections, I could have afforded vintage/antique furniture. At least 3 of my Whiting & Davis bags were over $150 each. Scratch the "woe is me, I couldn't afford vintage furniture" whine.

Almost 2 years ago I discovered Gina's here in town. It was love at first visit. Gina owns her building so her prices are ridiculously low. These are some of my treasures from her shop.

The green wicker chair became a white chair to go along with my 2 wicker chairs & table (who came to me from the camp my family shared with my uncle & his family when I was a little girl)


This trunk was purchased yesterday for Sunshine's room, which is furnished with a white wicke
r headboard & dresser/mirror. In case you haven't guessed, I LOVE white wicker.

This is the Basset sideboard that I found at Gina's last Christmas. Hunter refinished it over the summer & look at now! It's beautiful. Emails from Basset told us it was part of the Marquise Group which was made between Oct. '66 & April '70. The original finish was known as Cavalo Cherry. Ours is similar.

We also have a Thomasville writing desk from Gina's but I am having the hardest time finding the picture & am just too lazy to pull out the external hard drive to find it!

Book Fair is next week---Friday is set up & then we are up and running! If I haven't resurfaced by next Thursday, send some 5 hour energy drink!


No comments:

Post a Comment