Sunday, September 16, 2012

1 Down, 2 To Go

Book Fair that is.  One down, two to go.

Our Fall 2012 Book Fair is over---it's been packed up, financials finished & margaritas consumed at the post Book Fair celebration.  I'm not sure how it came to me but I came up with a great idea for the formerly known as "One for Books" but now called "All for Books" campaign.  Last year, our principal agreed to dress up like a student for a day.  He wore a t-shirt with yes, "student for a day" on it, sweats & sneakers.  He went to all the grade levels & spent a 40 minute time block with them.  I had him go to gym class with 4th graders & he ate lunch with 3rd graders.  If you've ever spent any time in an elementary school cafeteria as an adult you know just how painful that can be.  This year I asked if he'd be willing to wear a rainbow afro wig & dance on our morning announcements to the Afro Circus song from Madagascar 3 if we raised enough money for AfB.   Being super awesome, he said yes.  I decided to ask some of the teachers if they'd be willing to do the same if the kids raised a certain amount of money.  A good deal of them said they'd be happy to.

Which is pretty amazing if you think about it.  Are you willing to put on a rainbow afro wig & dance to this ridiculous song on camera?  Our school has some pretty incredible people working under its roof.  Teachers  I was sure would say no actually said yes.  And they brought props.  As the dollar amounts increased, the dances got better & more creative.  Our teachers are nothing if not competitive!

Monday, our principal records his dance.  Super good sport, that man!

Despite being absolutely bone tired on Friday night, I managed to get the online financials finished.  It's not too time consuming so I figured I'd get it out of the way before crawling into bed at 10pm.

Now that Book Fair is over, I need to get things together for the PTA's Treasurer's Audit for last year.  Had I been smart I would have started gathering everything back in July.  You know, like I said I would.  I'm hoping  to have everything to our auditor by Thursday.

Then I can truly relax a bit.

And hopefully get the Afro Circus song out of my head.  Or at least stop laughing out loud whenever I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment