Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Think Before You Speak

Honestly, I don't even know how it happened.  Remember a couple posts back where I said that the PTA specifies that Executive Board members cannot hold a position for more than two years?  And that I was hoping to slide into the Secretary's spot for the next couple school years taking me through Sunshine's 5th grade year at SuperAwesomeSchool?

Ain't.Gonna.Happen.

I'm still sitting here, shaking my head, in total disbelief about how the following occurred.

The other Exec. Board members and I have been discussing the benefits of dissolving our PTA and going the PTO route.  Again, mentioned in a previous post.  Everyone from our Principal down to teachers and other parents seem to be on board.   So last week, our PTA Secretary and I were talking before the start of our board meeting.  She very casually says "so, since we're going PTO next year, you can stay on as Treasurer since you've got a routine & know what you're doing."

This my friends is where things went horribly, horribly wrong.

"I know---I might as well do it."

It was out there, I couldn't take it back.  I couldn't deny I said it as the President and VP were sitting right.there.

*sigh*

Yep, staying on as Treasurer for a 3rd year.

What's that?  That sign on my forehead?  It says "Sucker"

Think before you speak, you might wind up being Treasurer 3 years in a row.


2 comments:

  1. Not too bright are you?!?! I never would have let them sucker you into this had I known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comments from the peanut gallery!

    ReplyDelete