Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It Must Be The Christmas Season If. . .

I'm starting a chevron scarf for Sunshine's teacher.  I started the "tradition" of knitting scarves as teacher gifts when Sunshine was 2 and in preschool.  Three years and six scarves later, the real tradition of the chevron scarf knitted with Koigu was born.  The only exception was her Kindergarten teacher at SuperWonderfulElementarySchool.  Sunshine started there after Christmas and I felt compelled to make an end of the year scarf.  Seriously, it's 90+ degrees in Georgia in May---wouldn't you want a scarf?  Anyway, I never made it until last year.  And I did deviate in that I used Noro Cash Island.  But that's somewhat of an upgrade.

I digress.

This year Sunshine's teacher is a scarf fiend.  She's always totally accessorized, colors all matchy-matchy and is truly fabulous.  And Sunshine adores her.

I've toyed with the idea of making a ruffle scarf for her but keep feeling compelled to make the chevron scarf.  Last night at knitting I got about 7 rows into her scarf when I decided that I was going to make it on the length rather than the regular top to bottom width scarf.  So, tomorrow Sunshine and I will be making a trip to YarnHouse Studios to pick up some Silk Garden.  I know, I know, not Koigu?!!  I'm worried that I'll need 3 skeins of KPPPM & won't get it in time.

We're having a low-key Thanksgiving this year which is nice.  We'll take down the Thanksgiving decorations from the mantle and put up our Christmas tree and other decorations.  And Sunshine has agreed to dismantle her Barbie Townhouse and store it up in the attic.  She's itching for Hunter to start building her AG dollhouse and honestly, I am too.  She's acquired several pieces of furniture (Julie's doll bed with another (Kit's) coming at Christmas, table & chairs, 2 wicker chairs, Kit's desk & cookstove. ) and we're going to need to go vertical to make room for all of it!

And you know Christmas is coming when Sunshine is ready for our Elf on the Shelf, Go-Go, to arrive.  She put her Barbie couch and bed for Go-Go last night, along with a little skirt and notes.  Mommy needs to find a little present for Go-Go to leave for Sunshine!  Last year it was a nutcracker (she has a small collection).  Hmmm, must look through the hidden treasure box in the armoire in our room to find something!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  And if you're venturing out on Black Friday because you cannot possibly do without rude crowds of crazed shoppers in search of those 3 tvs on sale, please be kind to those poor souls who are working.  They'd much rather be anywhere else but waiting on rude people.

No comments:

Post a Comment