Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Break

Spring has sprung and we're in the middle of Spring Break.  As I've mentioned in the past, Sunshine is obsessed with biographies of historical figures so we took advantage of a sunny Monday and headed up to Warm Springs, GA to The Little White House.  Last marking period, Sunshine studied about Eleanor Roosevelt and this marking period focuses in part on FDR so this trip was a no brainer.


Hunter and I went to the LWH not long after I moved to GA so some of it was familiar to us.  They've since built a different museum which holds various artifacts of FDR's.  The LWH is preserved as it was on April 12, 1945, which is the day FDR died.

Flags and stones from each of the 50 states.  We took pics of VA & VT.  Sunshine stopped at the GA flag to do the GA state pledge which was cute.

We had a nice Easter with friends but sadly I don't have any pictures of Sunshine's egg hunt in our back yard as she ran out the door before I was able to get out of bed & follow her!  Note to self:  next year tie her down!

We're having her birthday party this week as my baby turns NINE on Saturday.  I know, it's crazy.  She was 2 when I started blogging.  I'm having a really hard time with this birthday.  More on that later.



2 comments:

  1. I went to Warm Springs when I was visiting Joseph while he was at Ft Benning. I love history so it was great to able to see it in person. It is a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyde Park is home to both Val-Kill and the FDR house. Hyde Park is right next to Rhinebeck. Maybe Sunshine needs and educational field trip next October....

    ReplyDelete