Sunday, June 9, 2013

All Shopped Out

Is it possible to be all shopped out?

I've mentioned one of my favorite antique/thrift stores before and the beautiful pieces we've found there.  Frequently, we'll receive flyers from local furniture stores and I'll imagine this piece or that piece in our house.   The truth of the matter is, we're all shopped out when it comes to furniture.

There are a couple things I'd like:  one more chair for the dining room,  a nightstand for Sunshine's room to replace the little shelves next to her bed, a different end table in the living room, but really?  Shopped out.

Our bedroom suite is a few years old and honestly, I don't see us replacing it anytime in the next 20 years or so.  I love it as much now as I did the day it was delivered.  It's been replaced by Basset already and looks nothing like their current Louis Philippe line, but that's okay---we love it.

We redid the living room (new sofa, love seat, coffee and end tables) a year after we moved and again---love it.   After several years of whining about wanting a chocolate brown leather sofa, I got it.

Our guest room fell together nicely with our old bed, an end table and small rocker from Hunter's grandparents & Hunter's old dresser.   Same thing with our dining room--our table & chairs magically coordinated with Hunter's grandparents' china cabinet.  And our sideboard came from Gina's here in town.  The artwork we had inherited, most likely because no one else wanted it, works in that room.


Which leads me to this past weekend. . .

We were in Atlanta while Sunshine went to a hair styling class at AG.  Hunter's aunt graciously put us up for the night & as always, a wonderful time was had at her home.  From the first time I met her, she was incredibly welcoming & kind.   I would go spend time with her during various deployments w/ Libby & then with Libby & Sunshine.

Anyway, we were shopping yesterday & I was able to find a new outfit for my aunt & uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary party later this month.  After purchasing the outfit (along with a top & 2 pairs of shorts), I found myself shopped out.

I went into several other stores but just wasn't able to commit to anything.  My usuals:  Coach, Kate Spade, Le Creuset, etc---no money was spent!  

Strange thing, being shopped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment