Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin Patch V.2013

 Each year we make a trip to one of the local pumpkin patches.  Truthfully, I miss Sunshine going as part of a field trip.  This year we found ourselves busy on most weekends in October and so wound up going to Best Nursery on Monday afternoon after school let out.

Pretty painted pumpkins inside

Seriously, you're surprised she wants a pink pumpkin?!


 The benefit of going on a weekday is that very few people are there.   We wound up having the hay ride all to ourselves!


 My sweet girl and I.  I can't believe how much she's grown since the first time she came here as a toddler!

We brought home several small pumpkins to decorate the mantel as well as a pie pumpkin for Sunshine to paint pink this weekend and a larger one for "the family" that we'll carve.   I say "we"---Hunter and Sunshine will do it!

We've survived last night's Fall Festival and are gearing up for 2 parties today.  One is the birthday for Sunshine's bestie.  Fortunately that's a drop off party so I can great lunch & get ready for the 2nd party.  It's a costume party at the home of my former knitting mentee's parents.  I'm not sure what Sunshine is wearing (her Draculaura or another costume).  I'm going as Jessica Lange's character (Fiona)  from the current version of American Horror Story: Coven..  Should be a good time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment