Monday, December 16, 2013

Productive Day

This is our last week of school before Christmas Break & apart from a brief (very brief!) PTO meeting at tomorrow night's Christmas Show, I'm just a parent this week!

Today was one of those days where things fell together & was able to get so much accomplished.

I walked Sunshine into school where her homeroom teacher gave me an adorable hand painted ornament.  I knew she had something  for me as she texted yesterday to ask if I'd be in today.  So right off the bat, I start off my day with a pressie!

I got the PTO closet put back together.  Last week was our 5 day Secret Santa Shop.  While it wasn't my event, I was up there for a few hours a day for 4 days.  They took pity on me as they knew I was sick the weekend we set up & gave me Monday off.

When I left school I realized that my idea of going to the commissary wasn't wise.  The no-longer new manager has reinstated an old policy that limits purchases made before 10 am to 30 items or less.  Crazy manager lady, please.

So, not wanting to deal with silly rules, I decided to head to Target.  Cards for my brother, 2 nephews & Sunshine's 2 teachers--check.  More gift wrap--check.  A few little stocking stuffers--check.  Gift for Hunter's nephew--check.  Gift card for PTO Treasurer as a thank you from the VP & I for truly going above & beyond the call of duty---check.

A run to Sally's for hair color & other stocking stuffers (shush, my husband likes their foot files & nail buffers!)---check.

Michaels for 50 glass ornaments, paint & sharpies for a craft for 2 of our 4th grade classes and I was done with that part of town.

I headed to the commissary & was in and out in record time.  I also didn't get the crazy bagger which was a bonus.  The commissary has baggers who work on tips.  Most of them are teenagers.  Some are retirees & one is this really weird older guy who was a military brat back in the day.  I've gotten him to speak but mostly he sings bits of various 70s songs that he feels pertain to his customers.   Don't believe me?  One day he had a 40ish woman who was um, well, she had made some questionable clothing choices.  And she didn't choose wisely.

Ol' bagger guy takes a look at her and mid-verse of "Down By The Bayou" switches to "Witchy Woman"

Seriously.  If you've ever been to a military commissary & had the crazy bagger guy you know that I couldn't make this stuff up!

Made it home where I discovered Hunter working on a couple Christmas presents in the garage (his makeshift workshop).  Got our groceries put away & enjoyed my sushi for lunch.

I had time to color my hair and then make it up to school to pick up Sunshine & my friends' 2 kids as she and her husband were at a funeral.   We went to Cherry Berry for fro-yo which was yummy.

Sunshine & I hit up Kohl's for some shoes for her chorus outfit tomorrow.  I am not a Kohl's fan.  I find their stores to be laid out really weird, their associates are never to be found and I hate the whole front check out thing.

That being said, their intimates sales are great & my comforter set came from there.

But they stink.

We couldn't find tights for Sunshine in the girls department.  At all.  Not just her size, but NO tights, period.  Um, I realize it's Georgia but no tights?????

We moved onto shoes where I thought I'd stab someone.  Their shoe department is like that of Target or TJ Maxx---it's all open stock.  Only Target & TJ Maxx have some organization to their shoes.  Sunshine is roughly a 2 1/2 in shoes.  Kohl's has no half sizes.  I found some 3s but really, 2 styles that were appropriate for her.  I can't even begin to describe the sizes all mixed in together as it was truly mind boggling.

We left with a pair of shoes & the task of trying them on at home with tights on.  As I predicted, they are too big so tomorrow I have to return them & go on the Great Shoe Hunt 2013 while she's at school.  Pray for me that Dillard's can come through.

I also got all the gifts for Hunter's family wrapped & ready to go.  My mom's gifts are wrapped & ready to go along with the gift cards for my brother & his boys.  My other brother & SIL's gift is going to be ready tomorrow so we'll get it wrapped & ready for shipment.  I hate shipping gifts so late---I always worry they won't make it there in time!

Now I'm getting into bed for some quick time w/ my Kindle & then a good night's rest.  

Tomorrow's going to be "productive" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment