Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st day of Kindergarten Redux


When we were looking at houses we specifically looked at houses that would put us in certain zones for elementary schools. This house puts us in the zone for a great school & as you know, Sunshine can walk to school (with Mommy), which is really unheard of these days.

Today was her first day at newschool. She was excited when we'd talk about it, woke up giddy, talked about how she was going to make 2 new girlfriends today & hopefully see her friend Turner on the playground.

I walked her into the office & then down to her classroom. She was a little bummed as she wanted to walk herself down the hall (and around the corner & around the other corner!) but was okay with it. Until we reached the door to her class & someone says "There's a new student" She dug in her heels & refused to take one more step. I had to do a little push/pull to get her in the door. Her teacher seems very nice & told Sunshine that they'd been expecting her. Actually, the aide & teacher seem nice.

I admit to getting a little teary eyed this morning on my way back to the car (it was 21 degrees out--you think we're walking to school in that?! What do you think this is? Vermont???). She looked like such a big kid today!

2 comments:

  1. Imagine my delight when I clicked over to discover that you have a blog!!!

    I like your teary confession. Having met the little Sunshine girl, I fully understand the tears. She's just so utterly precious.

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you---I think she's precious as well, but I am biased!

    And, how did you not know I had a blog?

    And, AND---if you get to Raphine, VA there is a great yarn shop (I think I left a comment on your blog) called Orchardside Yarn shop. If you wind up going, send me a message on FB & I'll give you my list!

    ReplyDelete