Saturday, February 13, 2010

A truly wonderful day

It snowed in Dixie! Last year we got about 4" on 1 March. Yesterday we got about 3". Sunshine & I spent about 90 minutes playing outside in the morning, came in to let our clothes dry & to have lunch. We went out in the afternoon for 2 more hours & made more snow angels, a snowman family (complete with Daddy, Mommy, Sunshine & Libby). A fire in the fireplace added to the mood.

We also attempted some sugar on snow, but no one would eat it but me. I'm sure I'll be kicked out of the Native Vermonter club for this, but sugar on snow isn't my favorite treat.

We went out early for Valentine's Day to our friend's restaurant. Super yummy (as always) & the roads weren't bad at all.

When we got home I wound my Cascade 220 Heathers for my Ravelolympics project (Mara) & CO as the Andorran athletes walked into the stadium. I found a WIP event so I may use my felted bag project as an entry for that. The Mara is a great pattern---easy to memorize & I'm enjoying the Cascade 220.


Today is laundry & more snow play!!

**I have to edit to say that on Saturday 2/13, our neighbor from up around the corner called to let us know how much she & her husband liked Sunshine's snowmen! How sweet was that?!




2 comments:

  1. I had to work all day in the snow. Darn Sweeps Week and Olympics. Everybody wants a new commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you while watching the Opening Ceremonies!

    ReplyDelete