Thursday, May 19, 2011

The day we were crafty

Today was the only day I had "off" from school.  I had a hair appointment & that was it!  I was able to pick up some shrimp tempura roll & spicy tuna roll for lunch (yum) & enjoyed the laziness.


Around 1:45 I realized that today was my  last day picking up Sunshine on the path.  Which meant it was the last day we'd see Miss Linda, the crossing guard. And I hadn't bought anything for her.  Um, yikes!  I had time to run to Barnes & Noble for a gift card, but eh.  What did I have that wouldn't take long?  Then I remembered these dresser trays.
I found the directions in a Good Housekeeping magazine back in March when Sunshine started speech therapy (she's a tongue thruster, still).  Since I had no paper on me, I took a picture of the frame & directions & bought the supplies.  TJ Maxx had some pretty frames on sale that didn't require painting or any other sort of decorating.  Hobby Lobby had some pretty fabric that would work well with the frames as well as the beads for the little feet.  And I already have a glue gun.   We were in business!  
How cute are these little feet?

Miss Linda was so pleased with hers which just made my day.   She's a wonderful lady & has been a cross guard for 35 years. She knows every child by name, knows their mom/dad & being a Columbus native, knows the most amazing stories of the school, city, etc, back in the day.  I love listening to her & am grateful that she's looking out for Sunshine.

Tomorrow is the last day of school--so bittersweet.  Sunshine has had SUCH a wonderful year---she's learned so much, come into her own personality wise amongst the other kids (not putting up w/ drama mamas, learning who her friends are, learning how to treat her friends & how to be treated by them) & just so many positive changes.  I'm excited for 2nd grade!

After summer vacation, of course!

2 comments:

  1. Watch out Martha Stewart, Laurie is going to take you down! :)
    What a cute idea! I love those.
    You are so sweet to constantly think about Sunshine's teachers, and the others that she has in her daily life.

    You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Now that Martha's been to the big house, I might not be able to take her!

    ReplyDelete