Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm about to burst!

Today was Awards Day at Sunshine's school.  I knew she was the top girl reader in her class (and in the top 15% of readers in her grade level) so that award was no surprise to me.  She's had awesome grades all year so I knew some sort of honor was coming her way---she was awarded the Principal's List Award as well as Superior Achievement in All Academic Areas.  And the Good Citizenship Award!

Yes, I got a little weepy.  She got a little weepy leaving the ceremony!   I told her how incredibly proud I was at least half a dozen times.  Who am I kidding, it was way more than a dozen!  Way to go, Sunshine!  Daddy & I are SO very proud of you & all your hard work this year!!

2 comments:

  1. This is proof that having a parent who is involved in their child's education really makes a difference. Way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at least bit suprised! Way to go, Sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete