Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hot mess

See this mess?  This is what happens when you let someone (coughcough husband! coughcough) play with your ball winder and a $30 hank of Colinette Tao.  And did I mention there was no use of a swift or a dining room chair as a swift?  I know, I still want to cry every time I look at this mess of yarn.

This incident happened at the end of January and I cannot bear to think about it but I have to.  Like I said, this is a $30 hank of yarn!  Colinette yarn!  I've had this yarn for something crazy like 3 years and have been saving it for the "perfect" project.   We all know about the "perfect project"---it's that project that you haven't queued on Ravelry yet but you will.  Once it shows itself.  And when it does, you'll be ready with the perfect hank of yarn for the perfect project.  

So, today I've decided to work through this mess and get it untangled, unknotted and wound into a ball.   I haven't found the perfect project yet but back in January, my intention was to use this beautiful yarn to make the Mermaid Tail Cowl for myself.  I wound up using some of my stashed Koigu KPPPM instead.  It's knitting up nicely and true to Koigu KPPPM it looks beautiful but still.  It would have been heavenly with the Tao*sniff*  Poor, poor Tao!

Wish me luck as I work through this beautiful yarn and get it back to its unknotted self.  I'm sure there will be a lot of frustration on my end!!



1 comment:

  1. He needs to stick with his own tools and leave yours alone.

    ReplyDelete