Monday, July 30, 2012

SUCCESS!

I mentioned that while we were home, I purchased a friend's daughter's AG collection.  Or what was left of the collection.  My purchase allowed Miss M to go to another week of summer camp & left me with 3 AG dolls, a carrier, a doll bed with the original bedding, the styling chair, styling caddy, 2 doll sleeping bags, 15 outfits, a dog & some accessories.  Before we left VT I managed to get everything organized by outfit, made a note of everything by year it was released & started making plans to sell what I wasn't going to keep.

When we got home I managed to get pictures of everything.  And I do mean EVERYTHING.  Every little flaw, every little scratch.  The three dolls all have hair cuts of some sort.  One of the doll had waist length 70s stick straight hair.  It's now a shoulder length bob.  The doll that Sunshine has said  she'd like has her mid-back length hair cut into a pseudo-pixie.  The doll Sunshine wants for Christmas has bangs.  She doesn't when you first get her.  

After consulting with my mom I decided to try to sell 2 of the dolls---the 70s girl (Julie) & the one who will be joining us at Christmas (Kit).  I could send Kit off for a new wig courtesy of a lady who is on an online forum with me, but it wouldn't solve the problem of the few pen marks on her legs.  True, I could Oxy them & hope for the best, but what if it didn't work?  And then there was the problem of finding her meet outfit & such.  Sunshine has wanted this doll for a year.  She knows what comes with a new doll.  And she knows that Santa doesn't deal in "vintage" or "TLC dolls".  So, Kit will be rehabbed & offered up.  The last doll (known as #22) is in remarkably good condition despite her home hair cut.   I've decided to send her off for a new head after the holidays & see if she'll be Birthday '13 or Christmas '13.  Her meet outfit isn't a big deal as I can get one a little easier than Kit's kit & caboodle.  Get it?  Kit's kit & . . . okay.


Which brings us to today.  70s doll is boxed up & ready to go to her new owner tomorrow, as are her 3 outfits & 3 additional outfits.   I've sold a total of 10 out of the outfits, one doll & some of the accessories.  Kit will go off to "Dr. R" for a new wig & I'll see what I can do to make her vinyl body look a little better.  Today a friend commented that her daughter has been bugging her for an AG doll & she might be interested in Kit once she's a little more presentable.  

I told Hunter that I've learned my lesson in buying AG lots.  It hasn't been terribly difficult selling this stuff but the idea of "what if it doesn't sell" has been looming over my head.   Hopefully the rest'll go quickly as people start buying for the holidays once fall comes.




No comments:

Post a Comment