Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Enough

You know that moment when you realize you're done?  When something is the straw that breaks the camel's back?

This camel's back is broken.

We know my checklist for May has been unreal and tomorrow is THE final major event for the year.  Today  I received a call in the morning from our PTA President who has been an incredible co-chair for the end of the year House Celebration.  Kim was in a major tizzy over the placement of the bouncy houses/water slides for tomorrow.  First of all, the guy was late in doing the walk through with us.  Not cool.  OCD girls don't appreciate late.

We wound up having to have the water wars (think major water balloon fight with devices to lob the balloons) on the other side of the school.  So now our stations are separated.  Again, OCD girls don't appreciate separation.  Ever.  Don't mess with the flow.

But hey, if he wants his stuff set up a certain way, fine.  We'll have to accept it.

I managed to talk Kim down before getting ready to pick up Sunshine from school to go to her dentist appointment (braces are looming in our future) & then go back to school for the final AR Celebrations (Treasure Chest & Million Words Club).

This is when my straw broke.

The devastation in Oklahoma, while heartbreaking, seemed removed from me here in GA.   Until I was watching this morning and heard a reporter say that a class of 24 third graders was still missing.

I have a 3rd grader.  There are 22 kids in her class.

Tears started.

I said a prayer for peace for their families & thanked God that Sunshine is safe.

As I was getting in my car at school with Sunshine in tow a phone call came with the news that a mutual friend had died.

Lisa was truly one of a kind.  She was a Texan through & through.  She was an amazingly talented artist.  She called people "hon" & loved Gone With The Wind possibly more than I do.  She was an 80s metal fan & had some of the best 80s hair back in the day.  Her red curls were her trademark.   She was my first "crazy cat lady" friend & her love of animals knew no bounds.

Now she's gone & it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Words cannot describe how hard it is to lose a friend. You're right, it hurts and it stinks. {{hugs}} for you...and wishing you some time to step back and find peace.

    ReplyDelete