Monday, May 27, 2013

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I'm not going to lie---this weekend has been a little slice of heaven.

It's not that we went anywhere exciting or did anything out of the norm.  But, it's been exactly what I needed.

Friday, I spent the morning at school--I started off at 7:15 with the school store, picked up money from some 3rd & 4th grade teachers for various events, met with one of the 1st grade teachers regarding the EOY luncheon on Tuesday.  The teachers have graciously invited the PTA Executive Board because, as one teacher put it "you're one of us" 

While I was in the 1st grade teacher's classroom, a fire drill took place.   I can't deny it, I broke into Sweet Brown  quotes.  The little things amuse me. 

After running home for lunch & a quick change of clothes, I went for a facial (since I'm being so forthcoming, it was the Signature Diamond.  Another little slice of heaven) which left me feeling like jelly.  *sigh*  My skin looked & felt amazing as well!

But, the last 3 days?  So restful & fun.  On Saturday, the pool we join each year opened.  We met up with friends & stayed for a few hours.    I wound up with a mild burn as I forgot out sunscreen so we borrowed from my friend Kim.  

On Sunday, I was still too red to get into the sun so Sunshine &  Hunter had a Sunshine/Daddy date while I went to AL to my favorite multi-dealer antique store.  No deals were found but the time spent wandering the different shops was quiet.  And relaxing.

Today, we slept in & spent more time at the pool.   When the kids kept saying how hungry they were, we decided it was time to head home for a cook out.  We finally got home around 6:30, showered & are winding down.  Sunshine & I will have a Mommy/Sunshine sleep over in my room tonight.   

Tomorrow it's back to the grind with the luncheon, moving our old grill up to school for the 3rd grade cook out on Friday (and for the PTO to use down the road) & shopping for breakfast items for Wednesday's 5th Grade Breakfast.

Then there will be 2 more days until I turn off my alarm until August.

No comments:

Post a Comment