Sunday, October 25, 2009

FO! FO! FO!


I actually started & finished a project last night! A friend of mine had her baby girl yesterday & with our weather being a little cooler, I decided to make a hat to go with the feather & fan baby cardigan that I had made over the summer. I found a cute f & f baby bonnet pattern on Ravelry & started the hat around dinnertime. Somewhere after midnight I finished it. Today I need to block it & find some ribbon for the ties & get ir wrapped to bring to her.

Last week was very busy---lots of work around the house for me. I used the steamer that our painter had let us borrow & got the wallpaper out of the kitchen & Sunshine's bathroom. I didn't know what tedious & occasionally hard work it was! This week I need to pick up the paint colors & get to work on the painting.

I also did some hedge trimming in the front yard. The majority of our neighbors have lawn people who come out every week or every other to tidy things up so we didn't want to be "those" neighbors. I also got a huge patch (6x6 or so) of vine & weeds out of the back yard. Next is the Lantana bush in the corner. I'm letting Hunter take care of that one!

This week is the start of Christmas knitting as well as prepping for Sunshine's Fall Festival at school. I have to bake cookies for the bake sale & make up a candy basket for the silent auction. Hopefully we can stay strong & not eat the s'more flavored candy corn!!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! You have been busy. I have done the take the wallpaper down thing too and it is a chore. In our master bath there were four layers of wallpaper to take off. Not fun. After that I said no wallpaper only paint because I did not want to have to take it off again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is adorable. Have fun with the new house!

    ReplyDelete