Monday, October 19, 2009

Spicy goodness!


Hunter & I are both big fans of Alton Brown & his show Good Eats. For a while we've lusted after his spice storage & when we moved into the house & saw the pantry, thought "Alton Brown spice tins!!!!"

A trip to World Market for the tins (cheaper than Bed, Bath & Beyond) & Home Depot for the stainless sheet & we were halfway to spice storage perfection.

Yesterday Hunter got the sheet mounted, I alphabetized the spices (shush! this way I don't have to search!) and there we were---Good Eats-goodness!


On an unrelated note--Sunshine has 3 loose teeth! Her bottom 2 are pretty loose & hopefully will fall out (one at least) before Halloween. I have a cute Halloween Barbie for the Tooth Fairy to leave for her, as well as the big bucks for the first tooth lost. Her top front tooth is also loose, as we discovered at the dentist's office last week. My bebe is a big girl now! It's so surreal!

She's loving the new house---her room, the yard which is great. We've been to her new school to check out the playground (school was closed) a couple times & she agrees it looks like a great school. I need to call to set up a time for us to visit and meet the teachers. I'm hoping that she could be in her friend T's class. They were together all 3 years at pre-school & get along well together. A friendly face might help her transition. Actually, who am I kidding---she's never met a stranger (children anyway) & makes friends easily.

8 comments:

  1. Emily (chickthatknits)October 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM

    Cool spice tins. I love Alton Brown. I know this is belated, but congratulations on the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big Alton and "Good Eats" fan, too. I love your super cool spice pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I alphabetize my spices too! Saves time that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too alphabetize my spices. I mean really, how do you know what you have if you don't. Loose teeth, another step toward growing up. By the way Joseph is still not here. I have not heard what the hold up is. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you tonight but glad the settling in continues! Love the spice storage -- Alton Brown in one of the shows that Kevin must see! He has even tried some of the things that Alton has demonstrated on the show. That impressed me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she has three loose teeth! Hank still does the loose tooth check every other day! I love the spice storage. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spice rack!! Wonder if I could do something similar on the side of my fridge next to the stove? Hmmm...

    Can't wait for Sunshine to start school...I hope you both love it as much as I do.

    I'll be at knitting Monday...you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. fyi, I saw the spice tins at BJ's Warehouse 2 days ago.

    ReplyDelete