Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hair today. . .

I had my hair cut yesterday while I was shopping south of Atlanta. Total impulse thing----I've been rough with my hair this summer. The heat/sun, chlorine & salt water from the pool, styling tools & not enough deep conditioning. While Hunter sweetly says my hair looked fine, I felt it looked awful. Fried awful.

I stopped into an Aveda salon in Newnan & was looking at some products that I wanted to buy when it struck me to ask if they took walk in appointments. They did & I was lucky enough to get a great junior stylist.

Now, I know some people cringe when they hear "junior" stylist. They don't have the experience, they don't know what they're doing, NEWBIE! They don't really bother me because in a lot of salons, they're still under a lead/training stylist's wing and their work is inspected. Let me just add, that for straightening services, I definitely want someone who's done then for a good long time & on many, many, many heads! But a hair cut? I'm fine w/ the junior stylist.

As we were discussing the Aveda products I use we took a little trip down memory lane to the list of hair products past. The first Aveda products I used: madder root shampoo & conditioner in the late 80's/early 90's. The Sap Moss, Clove shampoo/conditioner Brilliant, & Shampure lines followed.

A jump to Redken, Sebastian, Alterna, Vidal Sassoon (the cherry smell always got me!) Artec, Chi, Biosilk, Tigi/ Catwalk, Joico, Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, my salon's in house brand. Phew. Now a return to Aveda. The funny thing, I can remember where I lived when I used these brands. And when I went back to some of them. If I thought really hard, I could put them in chronological order. But that would be really weird.

Sunshine's winding down her 2nd week of school. The other night as I sat with her at the kitchen table as she did her homework, I was wowed by how much she knows already & how she worked to solve the problems (we were doing math). Her penmanship is improving, although since she's my child she could be doomed!

Hunter started classes on Monday so I have 2 in school! He had sticker shock when it came to buying text books (why don't people listen to me about things??? I told him they were spendy!) He's getting used to his schedule after a couple add/drops & is in the early stages of earning his RN. I'm so proud of him & think he'll make a great nurse!!

Today I'm getting my clothes (Sunshine's old ones) ready for the Just4Kidz consignment sale next month. Everything's been entered on their website so now I need to hang them & when we get the okay, print out my price tags. Then it's lunch w/ the girls & heading to Fresh Market with Sushine after school. It's incredibly humid & we're supposed to have thunderstorms, so we'll see!

6 comments:

  1. But wait! What about a picture of the cut?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that would be weird if you put them in chronological order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you didn't put up a pic of your new cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just a trim really--a couple inches off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you stopped and pampered yourself a bit. Sounds like Sunshine is settling right into 1st grade...I can't believe it!

    I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete