Sunday, October 17, 2010

How did two weeks fly by?


Earlier this month I went to Sunshine's class for a little going away party---the para pro was being sent to one of the Kindergarten classes as their para pro was retiring. The other room mom & I volunteered to come in to help out. I started going in every afternoon to help the kids with their AR tests (Accelerated Reader), made copies for the teachers (23 of everything for Mrs. K & Mrs. M., 16 for Mrs. S (she's the inclusion teacher), and 24 for Mrs. P.) & kept an eye on the class if the teacher needed to get something done.

Last week was a little less hectic as there was less to do, but I still spent time with my beloved Ricoh copier & went in to help the kids decorate their pumpkin tie dye t shirts. Word on the street (or at least in the classroom) is that they may have a new para pro. Let's hope so!

Yesterday we went to Best Nursery in Fortson, GA to their pumpkin patch. Sunshine went there 3 years ago when she was in preschool for a field trip. We had so much fun & the weather was perfect. We had a hay ride, picked out some pumpkins & ran into Sunshine's friends who were there with their dad.

The mailman finally brought my DishRag Tag box (while we were out for the afternoon, of course!) so I worked on it last night. Cute pattern. I got one cloth finished last night after Sunshine went to bed. Sandra in TX sent me some nice goodies---gummy bears, a beautiful (really beautiful!) shawl pin, a TX key chain & 2 dish cloths. I've got my goodies picked out, but will wait until DRT is done to share what they are. Last year I forgot to take a pic of the cloth I made so I'll make sure to get one this year.

The weather has been beautiful lately---40's in the mornings & low 80's in the afternoon. And lots of sunshine. I'm so happy we're finally out of shorts! The leaves are starting to change & it's so nice being outside. We may have to take a trip to the park today before the Patriots game starts.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through the DRT. You have no idea how tempted I am to just casually drive over to GA and get the DRT box. LOL I'm not the USPS's biggest fan right now. Ah well.

    Your daughter is beautiful! Love the pic of her with the mums. We have a pumpkin patch like the one you described about 45 minutes away from us. l took the kids when they were younger, but they weren't amused by all the yellow jackets that seem to swarm this time of year. ; ) Can't say that I was, either. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know---you're about 2 hrs away! Is that legal? Hope you like your goodies!

    Thank you for the kind words about Sunshine! We're super biased & think she is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete