Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Universe








Have you heard of Notes from The Universe ?   They send me a lovely email every day.  Some of them aren't relevant, but some days (most) they really hit home.  Today's message was:




It's not that you worry, laurie, but that you care. A lot.

And knowing this difference can make such a difference, because then you can also remember that caring is my specialty, that every life unfolds in the palm of my hand, and that not one second of eternity is ever revealed that I haven't carefully prepared.

Silly,
    The Universe


I do worry about things.  A lot.  I'm convinced there was something in my epidural but really, the worrying goes back further than that.  Maybe there was something in that first Communion host from when I made my First Communion.  Maybe it's being raised Catholic.  Who knows.  And it's not that I don't pray.  I do.  I know people who are all "it's in God's hands" and I agree, it is.  But that still doesn't take away from the worrying.  Or caring.  A lot.

Today's worry was e to school on time to help with the packets that will be handed out on Verification Day.  Would we have enough volunteers?  How long will it take?  Needless worry.

My alarm went off & I turned it off rather than hit snooze.  Needless to say, I overslept & woke up when I heard Hunter running the water in our bathroom while he was brushing his teeth.  I looked at the clock & went into full crazy mommy mode.  "Sunshine, you need to get up & eat so we can get to school"  I ate standing up, poured some Diet Coke (with a DC I can accomplish ANYTHING) into my Red Sox cup, threw on some clothes & a ball cap & we were out the door.

Turns out there were 5 of us putting packets together & we were done in just over an hour.  Not too bad.  Why did I worry again?

My new worry is Saturday's Beautification Day.  Will enough people show up?  Is it going to rain?  How long is it going to take?  Do these people know how much I loathe yard work??

Totally irrational, right?  It's not that I worry, it's just that I care.  A lot.

I'm printing out today's message from The Universe & keeping it in my wallet & PTA note book.   Maybe on the visor in my car, too.

And bathroom mirror.

And. . .

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you're a 'Very Worried Walrus' too :)
    And, I'm with you on the Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete