Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Has it really been a week?

Goodness, time flies when you're having fun.  And busy!

Fall Festival's coming along despite the fact that so many classes have parents who just don't want to do anything.  They don't want to be involved, they don't want to help solicit donations, they don't want (or can't, which I understand) to donate themselves.  Ugh.  The upshot is our raffle is on fire!  We've gone through our initial order of tickets, our 2nd order & are now on order #3.  The tickets went out on the 16th of September---this is crazy!  We're making some good money for the PTA which will help to pay for activities during the year.  Woo Hoo!

Sunshine is finished with Speech Therapy.  We had received a letter indicating that further therapy had been deemed unnecessary but we could appeal.  We then received a call from the head of the therapy center & then from her speech therapist who both said we could appeal but appeals aren't always approved.  I love her ST--she's a kind, patient woman & Sunshine adores her, which is always the litmus test for me.  I asked her what her professional opinion was--she indicated that Sunshine has made such great progress in the 6 months she was there & that honestly, with the work we've done at home, she feels that we should take a few months off & see what's what come the new year.   But her speech is really so much better that I think we're truly done.

Friday I was going from the time the sun came up until the sun went down--- brought Sunshine to school, talked to the neighboring teacher whose class is being paired with ours for the Silent Auction basket.  Ran to the commissary, lunch w/ Hunter, Lowe's for picking out wainscoting for dining room, TJ Maxx for Spode Christmas Tree bowls (!!!!!!), picked up the 3rd order of raffle tickets,  back to school to drop off tix, help count $$ & then run to the bank.  The Fall Festival chair brought Sunshine to her house to play so Hunter & I could have date night.  Went out for sushi w/ Hunter, back to FF Chair's house to pick up Sunshine, spent an hour or so visiting w/ her & then to Starbucks for a quick sweet treat.  Phew.

We had a great weekend---the weather was perfect!  Fall has arrived in the South!! Saturday we went to the Cotton Pickin' Fair & had so much fun.  Sunshine & I went a couple years ago & enjoyed it so much.  We were smart & hit the ATM on our way so we'd have spending money as well as lunch money!  Are Square Readers really such a secret to vendors at these things?  Anyway, beautiful fall day, my beautiful family & a good time had by all---can't beat it with a stick.

Sunday was spent knitting with friends in the morning, followed by football in the afternoon.  And a home cooked meal on Sunday night!  I usually order out if the Pats are playing or sometimes will do a "fix it yourself" dinner for Hunter & I on Sundays.  But since the Pats game wasn't televised here & I really had no excuse not to cook the turkey tenderloins in the fridge, I made some turkey cordon bleu.  So yummy!

Last night our knit group did a sale, swap, trade on our stash & knitting books/notions.   It's common knowledge that I have a decent size stash.  It's common knowledge that I'm a bit of a yarn snob on occasion. Well, not really a snob as I have plenty of Sugar & Cream in my stash (best for every day dishcloths!), so maybe more of an afficionado.  I appreciate a good yarn.  As do my fellow knitsters---Mama brought home her goal amount!  Sweet!

Today I'm conducting an experiment---felting in a front loader.  I've got my FO in there with 2 pairs of jeans, 2 towels & this is the 3rd time it's gone through.  The first time was only for 35 minutes which I knew wouldn't be enough time, but I wanted to see what happened.  The 2nd trip was 1 hour---not bad but I decided to chance it & go for a 3rd trip.  I'm about 10 minutes away from finding out what the final verdict is!  But the felting gods have smiled on me today & you CAN felt in a front loader!

PTA duties are looming so I am off.  Have a great week--enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment