Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's definitely Fall

As we're doing all sorts of fall related things, PSL's, enjoying the cooler weather, report cards (Way to go, Sunshine!!) & visits to the pumpkin patch.  Last weekend, it was such a beautiful Saturday that we decided to take a long drive out to the Ft. Valley, GA area & visit Lane Orchards.    

We went through the corn maze & unlike this family didn't need to text our way out of the maze.  Sunshine led the way & did a great job despite not wanting to go into the maze in the first place.  

This is one of my favorite pictures of the day.  I just love the way Sunshine is looking at Hunter.  She didn't want to leave the playground when it was time to go.  

There's something totally awesome about a daddy who will get on the teeter totter w/ his child!  We love our Daddy bunches!!  

The upshot of driving out to Ft. Valley meant that I had 2 hours of uninterrupted knitting & managed to get my scarf finished.  It wound up being over 70" long which is perfect for me.  It blocked beautifully & I'm going to CO matching mittens this week.  I'm working on my Mara shawl (circa 2010) & am almost ready to start on the ribbing portion.  I still have no idea who this will be for.  It had been for Sunshine's ParaPro from Kindergarten who has since retired.  I know, egg on my face.  Her Kindergarten teacher is still at school but I've got a project planned for her that is both quick & easy (the easy shawl pattern from Ravelry).  Then, I need to make a decision about lining a bag that I've made as a Christmas gift.  The ones I've seen aren't lined, which is fine, but I find a lined bag just looks better.  I'm hoping one of the ladies from my knit group can help me out with it or else I'll wind up shipping it home to Mom.  If I had a sewing machine I could do it myself but really, I don't sew enough to warrant investing in one.  Then I start thinking about all the sewing that I *could* do but then it would cut into knitting time & such.  And, I'm not hand sewing my lining!  I learned my lesson with the cushion covers on one of my wicker chairs in the sun room!  It was 9 years ago & I'm still practically crippled from it!

Speaking of Christmas (weren't we discussing Fall?), my shopping is coming along really well!  The only people left to shop for are my nephews (itunes gift cards or something along those lines), Hunter & Sunshine.   The ILS are done, BIL/SIL are nearly done, their son is done.  My Mom is done.  I came up with a great idea for my brothers---I'd found a picture of my Dad circa 1949 with his baseball team online in the UVM archives.  None of us knew this picture existed so it was a very pleasant surprise to see my dad's 18 year old face staring at me via the 'net.  I'm having it printed in 8x10 & framed for them.  I can't mention Hunter's gifts as I know he stalks , reads my blog.  I do need to get going on a scarf for Sunshine's teacher, but I have 2 more months for it & can definitely get it done.  (Please hold me to this when it's December and I'm in full blown panic mode with Christmas,  Secret Santa Shop at school, class parties & the like, shopping, baking, etc).  Speaking of baking---we'll do this again for our neighbors.  It's a tradition that Sunshine & I look forward to doing together.  

Well, it's about time for me to go get ready.  We'd been up in the air as to what we were doing today.  I'd toyed with the idea of going to Auburn as a yarn shop is closing.  I just destashed a bunch of stuff at knit group but I really have a hard time turning down sale yarn.  I managed to talk myself down (there's an Auburn home game today---hello! Crazy traffic!) & we've decided to go to a local pumpkin patch for a hay ride, some pumpkins & a short drive.  Sunshine was mad that Hunter didn't bring her to Starbucks this morning, so she's been promised a Rocky Road cake pop this evening after dinner.  

Have a great weekend & I hope you're enjoying this beautiful Fall weather, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment