Friday, October 28, 2011

Was that drive by posting?

It was.  I'm home on a "lunch break" from Fall Festival 2011.  Eight weeks worth of work culminates in a 3 hour festival tonight.  Yesterday I was working on the FF from 8 am until dinnertime.  I left school around 330 to run to the bank & while I was standing there, realized just how tired I was.  When I got home, it was time to put our class' basket together for the silent auction.  Let me just say that I was channeling Martha Stewart circa 2000 with my glue gun skills.

Got to school today at 8, ran around non-stop.  Again like the proverbial chicken sans tete.  We've had some um, commitment issues with our VP & I may or may not have snapped at her while counting wrist band money.  She shows up sporadically---basically when she HAS to, does a little work & then announces how tired she is after working for an hour & cuts out.  I didn't really snap at her per se, but my OCD when it comes to our paperwork & money handling practices came out.  And really, it's not my handling practices---it's what the state PTA requires of us.  I apologized to her but still wanted to throttle her for being absent on many days when the FF Chair, PTA President & I were working our tails off to make tonight a success.  

So now I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for my lunch to finish cooking.  And I'm watching Beavis & Butthead.  There.  I said it.  I'm a B & B fan.  From way back.  Back in '94, my answering machine was part of a tie in for their show.  Yes, I realize your opinion of me has changed & I'm fine with that.   I'm also reading a book on European royal history.  It's from one extreme to another around here!

I'll head back up to school at 130 to put the finishing touches on my basket, drop it off in the gym & then get to work delegating set up stuff to our volunteers.  Sadly, alcohol is frowned upon on school property but I'll have a nice glass of wine waiting for me when I get home at 9 tonight.

Let the weekend begin!

1 comment:

  1. I still love you even if you are a Beavis & Butthead fan! Enjoy the wine, you so deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete