Thursday, January 10, 2013

Back To The Grind

After a semi-shaky start to the new year, things are settling down into our normal routine.   Sunshine started back to school this morning.  Getting her in bed at 8 was beyond difficult.  Keeping her in bed was worse.  I knew I should have started getting her up earlier this past week but honestly, I was enjoying sleeping in too much.  Bad mommy!

6:30 came early this morning.  Luckily she was in a decent mood despite it taking her an hour & a half to fall asleep last night.  Sunshine's funny in the mornings--she's either like me when she wakes up (awake, cheery & ready to go) or she's like Hunter (think cranky bear).  I was grateful for no cranky bear this morning.

Yesterday we spent a few hours at school working in the PTA closet folding a new order of shirts for the Spirit Store.   I designed a new logo for our shirts this year & it's been popular.  We went with a girl's version & a boy's version.  We ran with it & made a teacher's shirt.  And this past month we decided to go with a long sleeve version of the kids shirts & teacher's shirts.  They'll roll out on Friday at the store & all board members & their kids will wear them tomorrow.  Sunshine is less than thrilled because 1) the shirt is charcoal.  Never mind that she has a charcoal shirt & pants.  It's "light black, Mommy.  I don't wear light black".  And 2) there is no pink in the shirt whatsoever.  The logo & writing on the back are green & yellow.  I may have to pay her a buck to wear it.

This morning has been busy with doing December's Financial Report, writing some checks for Teacher Grants & a bad check letter.  I hate the bad check letters.  I always feel awkward when I see the people afterward.  And I'm afraid that they'll key my car.

Sunshine & I are going to American Girl this weekend in Atlanta with a friend & her mom.  I know she received gobs of the stuff for Christmas but she has a gift card from my brother & sister in law & is itching to use it.  I'm kicking myself for not buying an extra box of Lake Champlain chocolates while we were home to bring to our Personal Shopper.  Now I need to find something to give her.  I wonder if she'd like a Koigu KPPPM mermaid cowl that I made last year?  Hmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment