Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Forget 99 Red Balloons

I'm talking about 233 silver balloons!

AR Celebration Week is upon us, having kicked off today with our Bi-Annual Balloon Parade.  I cannot tell you how crippled my fingers are after filling 233 silver balloons (Since our 4 houses at school are red, blue, green & yellow, I decided that silver was neutral.  A couple of the male teachers commented on how it was ironic that they were NE Patriots silver. ) with helium & tying off at least 1/3 of them.  I was thrilled to have 5 other moms take time out of their days to come help out.   We managed to complete our task in one hour!

The parade was fun, chaotic, but fun.  A couple years ago I explained my theory about the Balloon Parade here.   Today, Sunshine helped me lead the parade.  I normally walk with her in the parade as our Super Bookatarian leads the kids but today she's in her boot & isn't able to walk at parade speed.  So, I broke one of my PTA rules--my kid got preferential treatment & led the parade.  In true Sunshine fashion, she skipped through the hallways.  I may or may not have entered the 3rd & 4th grade hallway in Gangnam style.

Tomorrow is Treasure Box day for the top 3 readers in each class.  Sunshine is #4 in her class.  There will not be preferential treatment so she will not participate.  Friday is looking to be crazy as our normal Hair/Face Paint event has been tweaked to the Yellow house only as they had the most points at the end of the marking period.  I need to round up some volunteers as there are roughly 150 kids who will receive time on the playground (para pros will supervise them) & hair/face paint.

It's been a dreary, rainy day so I'm thinking about crawling into bed early tonight & reading my kindle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment