Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cheers!

Two years ago when I got roped, volunteered to be the Book Fair Chair Media Center Liaison, SuperAwesomeBookatarian & I were talking at the end of my first book fair.  Did we want to go for a drink or munchies to celebrate?  Maybe go knit & enjoy some quiet non-school time?

We found ourselves at an establishment found nationwide, ordered the Presidente Margarita, some food & thus, a tradition was born.

This month's Book Fair is my 7th.  During the past 6 fairs, we've had only one rule for the post fair celebration--you must volunteer at the fair in order to be invited to the celebration.  Some celebrations have been just SuperAwesomeBookatarian & myself.  Others have had more participants.  One thing is always the same---the Presidente.

Yesterday was hectic & tiring to say the least.  I had an 8 am meeting with our Principal, PTA President & the VP.  When he emailed us the night before, he said he had some things to discuss with us.

I don't care who you are, or how old you are----you get called to meet in the Principal's office & your first thought is "What did I do???!!!"  After multiple texts among the 3 of us, I was nominated to text the Principal to make sure that 1) we really weren't in trouble (we weren't) & 2) that 8 am would work for him.

Turns out, he wanted to know how much financial support the PTA could give to the 5th grade's overnight trip at the end of the school year.

Phew.

Not that I've done anything that would get me in trouble, but one can't be too sure!

Our meeting ended at 8:15 when my first class was due in the Book Fair---I came up for air at 10:30 to grab a quick snack & then again at 12:45 when we had a break from classes & I had lunch.  Sunshine got out of drama at 3:45 so we rushed to Starbucks so I could get some liquid energy for the evening.  Then home for a quick dinner for me, showers for the 3 of us, & to get Sunshine & I ready for the evening.  She & Hunter went out to dinner before the Father-Daughter Dance while I dried my hair, got dressed & headed back to school for 2 1/2 more hours of Book Fair.

We did more (in sales) in those 2 1/2 hours than we did from 8am-3pm when we closed.  Daddies spend a lot of money at Book Fair on their little girls!

So, as the dance was ending, so did Book Fair.  We straightened up, counted down the cash drawer & headed out to our post-fair celebration spot.

To the victors go the spoils!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment