Monday, November 16, 2009

An open letter to Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature~

I wanted thank you for the beautiful foliage I'm seeing around our new neighborhood. I've loved watching my next door neighbor's maple turn a brilliant shade of crimson before Tropical Storm Ida sent the leaves down to the ground. I've loved the yellows, golds, oranges that I've seen on the walking trail in the Botanical Garden. And I really, REALLY appreciated being on the walking path in Heath Park in brilliant sunshine while leaves have gently rained down on us while the 4 of us were walking & playing. Sunshine loved that best of all too!

My only problem is this weather. Don't get me wrong---I really appreciate the beautiful sunshine-filled days we've had (TS Ida aside), but 78 degrees? In mid-November? Come on. My legs have lost any color they had this summer (and they really did have a lot of color courtesy of the weather you provided us with when we were on Anna Maria Island!), so shorts aren't an option. I don't like waking up to 40 degree weather & putting on my fleece jacket to go walking after Sunshine is at school, only to have to take it off mid-way through my walk or else risking heat stroke.

I'm sure there is someone else who would love this weather---feel free to send it to them. I'd personally like some highs in say, the low 60's? I'm used to chillier weather in November, despite being here for 7 years (Is it so?!). I don't want my new hydrangea to freeze but I'd really love some cooler days.

And snow on Christmas if you can swing it. Even flurries would make me happy!

Kthanksbye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment