Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear Disney

Dear Disney~

This evening Sunshine & I went to see The Princess & The Frog with 3 of her friends (and their mommies).

We've anticipated the release of this movie for what seems like forever. Once Sunshine found out we were going tonight, she's literally screamed every time a commercial would come on. We've watched trailers online. We've seen sneak peeks on tv. We were ready.

Or so we thought.

Granted, Disney Princesses are pretty big in our house. I mean, BIG. There are Disney Princess dolls both big & small, DP dresses for Sunshine, DP cups/plates/flatware, toothbrushes, lip balm, hair accessories, night gowns, books, fruit snacks, framed prints in Sunshine's room, and one Snow White pillowcase.

I've got to tell you Disney, you hit the ball out of the park with this movie. We weren't prepared for how absolutely charming it was. The artistry is gorgeous. The music was dance-worthy according to Sunshine & her friends. The characters were cute (come on, a Cajun firefly?! LOVE.IT!) And best of all, Tiana? An American princess with a work ethic who values family? Please stop, I can't take anymore! And lest we forget, an African-American princess. About time!

I'm patting myself on the back for picking up the Polly Pocket size Tiana play set earlier this fall. I think they're going to be a big hit on Christmas morning!

BTW, when will the dvd be out? Because well, I'd like to watch it over & over!!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to see this movie for myself. I wish Clark was older so we could go see it but I will have to wait for the DVD :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Disney World was in FLA., but it sounds like we won't have to go so far cause its at Your House!!!!!
    Coming Soon!!!!
    MIL

    ReplyDelete