Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .

We promised Sunshine a tree for her room. I don't know when the trend of putting trees in kids rooms, but we've jumped on the band wagon. Sunshine's tree is a 3' artificial & has Barbie & Disney Princess ornaments. We decorated it on Sunday & she's loving it.





I caved & bought "The Elf On The Shelf" last week. Some friends got theirs last year & raved about the behavior changes in their children. Our elf is named Go-go & if Sunshine's had a good day, she brings back a small chocolate or some sort of treat from Santa. Here's Go-go enjoying some quality time with the snowmen at the fireplace. I know. Snowmen? Fireplace? Yeah.

Lastly, the red & gold snowflakes that adorn the window to the left of the fireplace. Hunter's aunt has a very large bay window in her kitchen that she decorates with different snowflakes so I can't take the credit for this idea. I'm kicking myself for only buying 1 box of each color.

We're getting our tree for the living room this weekend & I think we'll hang our stockings then as well. We're also going to Callaway Gardens on Sunday with friends to see their Fantasy in Lights. We're unsure whether we'll go see The Polar Express at the Imax theater @ the Infantry Museum on Saturday or next Sunday when MIL/FIL are here. December is a very busy month!

Sunshine's very excited & honestly, I am too. While I'm a little sad that we won't be with my family in VT for the holidays, I am happy that we're having our first Christmas in our new home. MIL & FIL will be with us for a week & we're looking forward to having them here with us.

3 comments:

  1. You are so festive! I need to set up our tree. I think Samuel will like the lights. Your daughter is growing so fast. I guess that's what they do. Thanks for your comment on my blog post. Good to hear from you. Take care. ~E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily--as trite as it sounds, they do grow up way too quickly. It seems like just yesterday it was Dec. '04 & we were gearing up to drive to VT with our 9 month old baby. Now she's this big kid who tells me "I can do it, Moooooooom!"

    Samuel would love the lights & you will get countless hours (and memories!) of him looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mil and Fil are REALLY looking forward to our time with you. It all looks so wonderful. Great job.
    Tell Sunshine she's "a big gul" now!

    ReplyDelete