Thursday, February 2, 2012

Don't Make Me Call You

Book Fair season is again up on.  Our Mini-Fair starts in one week with set up next Wednesday.  We're slowly getting volunteers through our letters home, which is great.  I'll do a post on our FB group tomorrow letting people know what shifts are still available.  Since it's only a 3 day event, we'll be crazy busy the first couple days & possibly the 3rd.  I know the night of the Father/Daughter Dance will be nuts.  Daddies can't say no to their daughters.  Especially when it comes to books!

I had mentioned that Scholastic had a template for a letter home w/ a detachable volunteer slip which was absolutely genius.  We had several come back the first day, which was awesome.  I've been emailing folks regarding their desire to help out.  But, some of these slips have come back stating they want me to call them.  You know, like on the phone.  If you know me well, you know I have NO problem spending time on the phone.  It's a habit that goes way back to childhood.  I could run up a phone bill like nobody's business.  When my oldest brother was away at graduate school in Michigan, it was my MO to call when my parents weren't home only to surprise them when the phone bill came.

But, to cold call people?  It was never my strong suit when I worked in cosmetics & it's still not my strong suit today.  I know it's really not cold calling as they've already expressed an interest but still.  They're strangers.  Aren't we supposed to stay away from them?  Shouldn't we do this?  Of course, these strangers all have my information---my phone number & email are all over the letters home for Book Fair.  They're in the school's student handbook.  I'm pretty sure they're on the school's website too.  Don't quote me on that one though.

So tomorrow I have to gear myself up to call these people.  Including one woman whose penmanship is worse than mine---I can't read her email address.  I'll also get the teacher's sign up schedules posted & write up the posters.  Oh, and scour the PTA closet for some luau goodies to help us decorate.  I saw a limbo stick at Hobby Lobby today & think we might have to get that for the Family Night Event during the F/D dance.  Don't little girls like it when their daddies limbo??

We went shopping yesterday for Sunshine's dress for the dance.  She did well with her choice---we picked out about 6 different dresses (yes, they were all pink or purple) & found 2 that we both liked the best.  I'm proud to say that I let her make the decision.  It wasn't the choice I wanted her to make but that's okay.  It's adorable & she's going to be so pretty in it.  I need to remind Hunter to pick up a corsage (she's insisting on a bouquet, so we'll see) & to take her to dinner beforehand.  Preferably somewhere that she's not going to make a mess!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see pics of Sunshine and Hunter! Have fun with the phone calls ;)

    ReplyDelete