Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ten


As in 10 years married.   Today is our 10th wedding anniversary.  Ten years doesn't seem like a lot in the course of a lifetime, but it is.

In our 10 years that we've been married (11 that we've been together), we've faced:

1 move (apartment to our own home)
the loss of 3 grandparents
the loss of 1 parent
the birth of one child
3 dogs & the loss of 1
4 cars
3 combat tours
numerous TDYs
1 trip to Paris
2 beach trips to Florida
1 trip to Disney (Sunshine & I took a trip with friends but I"m not counting that one)
numerous trips to family in VA & VT
a few "holy cow, was I mad at you!" fights
a few "I am SO so so sorry" make ups
6 years of sharing a sink in the master bath
3 years of having our own sinks! (trust me, this one?  This one's a big deal)

I'm not going to say every single moment was pure bliss.  It wasn't.  If it was, I'd wonder what was going on.  There were days it was hard & so.not.fun.  But it was right.  And it was good.  And I wouldn't trade it for anything.  There were nay-sayers who said it wouldn't last.  Who quoted statistics regarding second marriages.

The funny thing about statistics; there's always someone proving them wrong.

I love you, Hunter & always will.  Thank you for putting up with me for the past 11 years.  You mean the world to me!  xox

1 comment: