Monday, September 7, 2009

Son of Dish Rag Tag or GO DIVAS!

I had so much fun last year doing Dish Rag Tag that I signed up to participate again this year. I'm part of Team 8: the Dishrag Divas! After a snafu caused by our new mailman (I am SO convinced he's been paid off by another team!), I finally got the box from Suzanne yesterday & started knitting. Easy pattern to memorize & worked up quickly. The cloth is done, the box is packed & tomorrow after I drop Sunshine off at school, I will pay a visit to the PO near her school to send the box off to Lynda in PA.

I've had a great birthday weekend---dinner w/ Hunter & Sunshine on Friday night, dinner w/ the girls on Saturday night & some time at the new house. Yesterday I went thru 7 Mr. Clean Magic erasers cleaning baseboards, the vanity in Sunshine's bathroom as well as ours (including the interior of the drawers), the wall in the hallway & living room and the plantation shutters in Sunshine's room. Hunter spent most of the afternoon sanding & staining the front door. It's a gorgeous door & the finish has been worn by the sun (the front of the house gets the strong GA afternoon sun). Our contractor complimented him on his mad handyman skillz & told him that he knew a guy who did the same job (refinishing the door) for a woman & charged her $700 for a job that wasn't nearly as good as Hunter's.

We're talking about pulling out the carpet in the LR & DR and replacing them with hardwood. Manuel (contractor) told Hunter that he would be wise to do the job himself as it's really easy nowadays (Hunter did construction for a couple summers during college & has put down hardwood floors) & if we paid someone he'd be kicking himself as he could handle the job himself. It's nice having a hubby who is handy & can tackle jobs like this!

Let's just hope he doesn't expect me to mow the lawn!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you know what Hunter can do when he leaves the Army!

    ReplyDelete