Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Better breathing through medication

Or medicated for my comfort? A trip to the doctor on post yesterday determined that I didn't have the flu, as my 102 degree temp on Sunday led us to believe, but that I have an icky virus & am still battling my sinus infection. I'm convinced that "you have a virus" is doctorspeak for "I really have no clue what's wrong but there is something wrong with you". At least this doctor asked what I was using & did I need more of my zyrtec & flonase, unlike disgruntled PA from the icky doc in the box. At the risk of jinxing myself, I did wake up feeling SO much better than I have in the past couple weeks.

Today's a chilly rainy day so no morning walk for Smitty. We've been snuggling on the couch & watching our DVR'd shows, looking online for Disney tips, b-day pressies for Sunshine (I start looking early & writing a list), and reading my blogs.

And sending an email to my nephew who turns 14 today. I remember getting a call from my mom letting me know he'd been born on a cold January morning in 1997. I was living on Beacon Hill, the Patriots were playing in the Super Bowl the following day (and would lose to the Packers--ouch!) and life was good. CMG was a teeny baby--5 lbs & something ounces but you'd never know now. When I saw him in July, we were looking eye to eye so I'm sure he's taller than I am by now. Like his older brother and father, is super incredibly smart, is musically inclined (not like his father!) & is such a smarty pants (much like his father). He's the only blue eyed grandchild in our family (we have brown with his brother, blue w/ CMG & hazel with Sunshine) & they have a mischievous twinkle when he's thinking of something devious or witty. He's patient with Sunshine's requests to play with her when we're visiting & is just an all around sweet kid. And I'm glad he's part of our family!

And now it's time to head up to school for a lunch with the Book Fair people. It's just around the corner, just in time for the Father/Daughter Dance next month. Sunshine's already informed Hunter that they're going. I probably should be looking for a new dress for her too!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Glad you're feeling better!!
    2. What a sweet kiddo! Happy Birthday to your nephew!
    3. Can't wait to see pics of the Father/Daugher Dance. Yes, she NEEDS a new dress :)

    ReplyDelete