Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter Storm Warning


It's rare that we have snow in SW GA, and it's even more rare that we'd have a Winter Storm Warning. But we do---until 7pm Monday night. It's supposed to start snowing (or freezing rain) at some point today & continue into Monday or Tuesday. People, this is making the natives restless. Sunshine's teacher commented on FB that she was nearly run over in Walmart by 2 different people who were making a mad dash for some Campbell's Chunky Vegetable soup. Auburn University has canceled all National Championship events on campus & has canceled all classes for tomorrow. The Lee County (AL county across the river) School District has canceled school for Monday as well & I'm expecting that our school district will follow suit. I'm off to pick up a few groceries for the week & fully expect the bread aisle to be totally decimated.



My 365 project is coming along---I have several friends playing as well, which makes things fun. I'm torn between taking artsy pics or just daily life pics. One friend has been posting the most gorgeous architectural pics on our FB group. While I appreciate her pics (absolutely beautiful old buildings), I keep thinking the point of this project is to document a year of your life. The fun, the boring, the new & the old.

Of course, I could start driving around looking for more "interesting" subjects, but I think I'm going to stick to our daily grind pictures.
Maybe today I'll get some dramatic pics from grocery shopping!


5 comments:

  1. Publix was pretty decimated last night...though not crowded at all. I went late since I missed my normal early time. I was NOT going to fight crowds to do my regular, not snow, shopping. I bought my $53 worth of groceries and went home. People get so crazy! Even with snow and ice, it is not going to last more than a day or so...come on people. Seriously? Can't survive a day or two? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the local news channels to start declaring it the "Storm of the Century", exclamation point, exclamation point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked in the cabinets and saw I had Ritz crackers and peanut butter and knew I could survive if the power went out. Of course, it would be better if it went off at work...then I could just stay here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so set, Holly! Sadly I don't think power would go off at your work for too long.

    I have to report that the commissary's bread, milk, pasta & eggs were nearly wiped out. And the Crispers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the snow! We're supposed to get some tomorrow, which means the boys will be out of school. Again! They're going to be in school all summer at the rate we are going w/snow days.

    I've enjoyed your Project 365 pics. I'm just going to continue taking whatever pics I want for the day. One day it may be Hankadoo, another day it may be the pretty church in town. Who knows? Thanks for doing the projecet with me :)

    ReplyDelete