Friday, February 4, 2011

Friiiiday

Isn't Friday such a happy day? It doesn't matter what you've got going on, it's FRIDAY! And at the end of the day, you're done 'til Monday. You have two days to sleep in, hang out in comfy clothes & if you choose, do nothing!

I'm feeling better about Book Fair. I'm still a little spazzy about the actual fair itself but it'll be what it'll be & that I can't control. But the preparatory work is done (writing & copying letters home to parents, stapling to the flyer, distributing to all home room teachers, invitations & classroom wishlists for all teachers & a sign up sheet for teachers to come to the fair with their classes). Really, the most time consuming work is done. Next week is set up, the fair itself & then the weekend. We're extending the fair 'til Monday the 14th since pick up won't be until the 16th. Let's hope the extra day helps us!

I think part of my stress level about the whole thing is the notebook (now known as THE NOTEBOOK) is missing. The old co-chair (the one I replaced) gave it to our mutual friend who had been her co-chair. It contained all book fair info, as well as AR celebration week info. Co-chair that I replaced is incredibly thorough. Incredibly. thorough. When we went to FL back in April for our girls' weekend, she wrote up a shopping list prior to the trip so everyone knew what they were responsible to bring. So, during AR Celebration Week in December, the other co-chair left it at school. She thinks. It was a really busy week for everyone, regardless of what they were doing. Final week of school before Christmas break---utter chaos. Plus, she works (she was Sunshine's PreK teacher---Sunshine still gets giddy when she sees her), has children, a husband & a house to run. And that's just a normal week. So, THE NOTEBOOK is lost. No blame, just ugh!

Yesterday we got together & wrote out the letter to send home. Spent quality time with the copier & stapler. Today I finished the 4th & 5th grade classes & got them distributed. Phew. Got the teacher's invites into their boxes. Phew, phew!

Luckily my need for organization & copious notes means that I am starting a new notebook, complete with copies of letters, wishlists, a time list of when to start doing prep work, contact list of volunteers. My type A/obsessive/compulsive is coming out & I'll spare you that! Suffice to say, by the time the book fair is being sent back to Scholastic we'll have a new THE NOTEBOOK that will NOT leave my greedy little hands. Until I hand it over to a new co-chair somewhere down the line.

After that, they're on their own!

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love book fairs when I was in school!! That and the RIF days where we all got books.

    ReplyDelete