Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mumful


When Sunshine was younger she would say "mumful" instead of "wonderful". It's an expression we've kept in our family's vernacular partly out of nostalgia & partly because it's uniquely ours.

I blog about Hunter when it's Father's Day, his birthday & Veterans Day. He is mumful. He is truly mumful.

But there are days when he drives me stark raving mad. It's partly him & it's partly PTSD/TBI issues. All couples have days like that & it's completely normal.

But really, I'm not at my best when you've driven me stark raving mad. No one is. But I'm especially nutty.

Hey, at least I admit it!

Today was one of those days. I won't go into detail, but suffice to say it was a bunch of little things & that whole possible March 4th government shut down that had him in a tizzy. He shuts down when he's in a tizzy which bugs my need for family interaction at dinnertime. I told him to go outside, have a cigarette & try to relax. I got Sunshine to bed & that's when all hell broke loose.

By "all hell" I mean our toilet. A bolt broke because well, 20 year old bolts on toilets do these things.

But do they really need to happen at 8pm? When we're tired & cranky? Murphy says, "yes!"

Hunter runs out to Lowe's to get a replacement bolt & starts his after hours plumbing work. We have water on half of the floor in the bathroom, there are towels all around the base of the toilet, I'm standing on them while holding up the tank so Hunter can replace the bolt.

How do men have these innate skills? Because I know I'd be spazzing out while looking up plumbers in the yellow pages.

Not my mumful husband. He fixes it & helped me heft the 700 lb laundry basket (10 drenched towels & 2 bath mats) into the laundry room.

I'm lucky to have such a mumful guy. I try to tell him how mumful he is but I don't know if I do it enough, despite daily efforts to do so. So Sweetie----you are SO mumful & I love you bunches!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What a night! I'm glad it's fixed and things are back to mumful!

    ReplyDelete