Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Anxiety

Why is it that I let myself get SO worked up before a trip?  Like to the point where I'm physically a mess.  Upset stomach, anxious, the whole thing.  It's not like I haven't done this tripe before.  Ugh.  I need to learn to relax, work from my lists & call it good.

Sunshine & I are heading to VT this week to see my Mom, family & friends.  Hunter has classes & will be staying home with the dogs.  So, today has been packing day.   This is where I get a little nutty.  There's the toiletry bag--luckily I've got travel sizes of pretty much everything I use so I don't have to pack too much there.   But I do need to count out my meds for the time we'll be gone, as well as some extra "just in case".  And I also bring OTC meds for Sunshine again, "just in case".  And makeup, brushes, etc.  Next I have the bag we'll bring into the hotel (we're stopping in VA to see MIL/FIL on the way back) that'll have nighties, clothes for the next day, etc.  This leads to the bag for the rest of the trip.  Or bags, plural.  And of course, Sunshine's toy bag, our pillows & the portable dvd player, dvd case & my laptop.  Oh, and the camera plus the battery charger.  And my iphone charger.  And anything else I may have forgotten.

We're hoping to make it to the MD/PA border our first night.  I'm toying with the idea of staying over 2 nights so we can go to Gettysburg.  Sunshine has some knowledge of Abraham Lincoln so that might be a cool place to visit.  I'd really like to go up thru the Eastern part of VA so we could visit the Battle of the Wilderness fields which is where my great-great grandfather & his FIL were captured prior to their being held at Andersonville.

Hmmmm, I may have to look into changing our travel route.

After I'm done packing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya! I made a list for Hank, consisting of what goes in a bag for the van (his DSI, books, Regal, etc) then I had his list of stuff to actually pack. I had my Misc. List (books, phone charger, socks since my feet freeze, and so on) and then there was the list of toiletries for one bag and clothes in another bag. Who knew going on a trip was so much work! Enjoy your time at home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody needs a knitting break.

    ReplyDelete