Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mortified

Say it with me---mor-TI-fied!

That was me last night when I got home from knitting.  Sunshine was still dressed & announced that our neighbor's granddaughter, MM was visiting & they were going to play when she (MM) was done eating.

Hunter went on to say that when he & Sunshine got home from Jason's Deli, he took Smitty & Tinkerbell out only to have them run over to Miss K's house where they discovered MM was here & could Sunshine play with her?

The mortification came when they came to our house to play.

Let me explain---I've had a summer cold that came on late last week.  Saturday, I spent the entire day on the couch watching Mad Men on demand while Hunter & Sunshine were out enjoying the afternoon together.  I slept in the guest room because my cough was bothering me, I reeked of Vick's Vapor Rub, was mildly feverish & don't like to be around people when I'm ill.   Then, yesterday morning, Sunshine had the sniffles/sneezies & such and played in her room for part of the afternoon by dumping out baskets of dolls/accessories/clothes/such.  We didn't make her bed because well, it's summer vacation.  We can be lazy, right?

Apparently not!

Mortified.

So this morning we put clean sheets on the bed in the guest room, vacuumed the guest room, hallway, Sunshine's room, living room, and the sun room.  Sunshine's bed is made.  The toys in her room are put away.  I need to clean the toys off the coffee table but, eh.

Slowly my feeling of being mortified is going away.  I think bringing these silly girls to the pool will help.

Happy 1st day of Summer!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the house was fine! I bet you are the only one that noticed things weren't the way they usually are. Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete