Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lazy Summer Days

Are they not the best?  We're entering our 4th week of Summer Vacation & it's been so nice.  We tend to spend most of our days at the pool enjoying the cool water, friends for Sunshine to play with & relaxation for mommy.  Sleeping in past 7 is always nice and enjoying the week Hunter had off from school before summer session begins.

We've been wanting to go back up to the ATL zoo (sorry, Zoo Atlanta), but it's just too darn hot.  There are lots of shaded areas but meandering around the zoo in 97 degree weather doesn't appeal to me.  Maybe we'll head up in the late fall when it's much cooler.

We're trying to finalize plans for our VT trip--where will we stay on the way up & such.  We had discussed visiting Hunter's aunt in Richmond for a couple days but need to iron that out with her.  I'd also like a day or so with my brother & SIL in Delaware if that's possible.  We're hoping to stop in VA to see the ILS but with MIL working it limits the time we can spend with her.  *sigh*  We'll get it figured out.

There's also been knitting going on.   KNITTING!  My scarf for her para pro from 1st grade is more than 1/2 way done.  I've never taken this long on a scarf & while it's embarrassing, it's okay.  It'll be done before next winter when she needs it.  I'm thinking that today I'll start the potato chip scarf for her teacher as that should be a quick knit.

Today is the start of World Wide Knit In Public Week & we'll be at Barnes & Noble this afternoon, our regular knit night tomorrow @ Panera & then I forget the rest of the activities.  There aren't many planned during the work week so maybe I'll offer to host something at Starbucks or somewhere else mid-week.  Sunshine has VBS starting tomorrow so my mornings will be free.  Which reminds me that I need to bring a check tomorrow morning to pay for her t shirt & cd of songs.

Hope you're having a great summer/summer vacation.  I'm with Phineas & Ferb that there's a whole lot of stuff to do during summer vacation--and Sunshine & I are going to try to do it all!  Well, except for that giving a monkey a shower bit.  That doesn't seem like much fun!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get your travel plans figured out. I'm still trying to finalize ours! I wouldn't want to give a monkey a shower, either! :)

    ReplyDelete