Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blah blah blah, ramblings, blah blah blah

The first week of school went well--for both Sunshine & for me.   She's enjoying her new teacher & friends and I'm slowly learning my new responsibilities in the PTA.  And how to budget my time in regard to those responsibilities.  Next week we're kicking off the new school year & AR reading challenge, which should be very cool.  Our principal has agreed to let our top readers have a chance to dunk him in a dunking booth!  I can't wait to see & hear the reactions when he tells everyone this!  

Hunter starts classes next week so I'll have two in school again (ha ha).   And the house will be mine again during the day!  No rolling of eyes during the morning watching of DVR'd shows!   The downside is if I go grocery shopping during the week I won't have a helper to help me unload the car.  Note to self--grocery shop on weekends, only.   This semester is a heavy course load for him--Anatomy & Physiology, Epidemiology,  working with the aged, etc.    I know I've said it before, but I am really proud of him for going back to school, especially with his major & classes.   I joke that I spent 4 years reading & writing papers in college as I had a double teaching major of English & History---both subjects that interest me to this day.  A & P?  Noooo thank you!   Rock on, sweetie!!  You CAN do it!


I hate to jinx us, but I think our weather is starting to change.  The evenings have been a little cooler & our backyard is tolerable around dinnertime.  I know, shhhh, they'll hear you, but it's true!  Maybe this will inspire me to get out there & do some weeding in the hedge line.  I'm really NOT a green thumb & do not enjoy yard work of any sort.  Well, I do enjoy watering.  It ends there.   We've decided we'd like to put a patio in the back yard so we can have a little table & chairs & enjoy the yard more than we do.  Granted it's miserable out there in the summer months, but we definitely do like to be out there when the weather is tolerable.  And if we do put in a patio (maybe with a little path from the door) I'd be more inclined to weed & such.  I do have some cute little gloves. . .



1 comment:

  1. You can't let those cute little gloves just sit there, put in a patio!

    ReplyDelete