Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh, I am such a bad wife!

I didn't blog on Hunter's birthday!  Bad Laurie!  

Since his birthday fell on Verification Day for school & I was working from 8-1 at the PTA booth, I arranged for Sunshine to take him out to breakfast.  She was so cute--she had the money in her wallet & told Hunter that she'd pay for breakfast, but he had to drive!  So they went out for "scrambledy eggs" & then came up to school so she could meet her teacher.  But, more on that in another post.

I'm really proud of Hunter---the past few years haven't been easy for him but he carries on & is such an awesome husband & daddy.  He's going back to school & is doing really well.  Remember when you went to college at 18?  Imagine doing it all over again at 42.   It really drove the point home when my brother (a VP at a big East Coast university) commented on how HE was impressed with Hunter's endeavor & how he was proud of him.  

I'm all about extending birthday celebrations.  I say it's the "Week of Laurie" for my birthday as cards start arriving a couple days prior (my mother is NEVER late with cards/gifts.  I usually take after her.  Usually.) so Hunter's & Sunshine's birthdays are no different in our house.  We went out for dinner the night before his b-day, he woke up on Thursday to Sunshine singing a special Happy Birthday song that she came up with as she was singing,  breakfast with Sunshine & then dinner out again last night.  We're going for a sweet treat tomorrow night so it will be the Long Weekend of Hunter.

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!  I love you, am so very proud of you & cannot imagine my life without you.  Nor do I want to.

Even if Jon Hamm & George Clooney were to start texting or calling me.  

Seriously.


2 comments:

  1. I work with college students all the time- and "non-traditional" students always amaze me. It's way harder for anybody who has been out of school for a while, and (I think) even more impressive if they've been out of school and in war zones. I think it's really cool what he's doing. And Happy Birth-week to Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH was in the Navy for a while and then in the Reserves, went to Kuwait and after all that came home and decided to use his GI Bill to go back to school. Guys like our DHs have my deepest respect...I don't know how they do it. I'm in an adult education program so I'm not expected to learn like an 18 year old, but DH, and it sounds like Hunter, too, are in schools where they sit next to 18 year olds and are expected to learn like them. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete