Sunday, August 28, 2011

The calm before the storm

No, I don't mean Irene.  I mean Book Fair.  All the prep work that can be done has been done---letter& flyer home to parents, copies of class schedule done, teacher wishlist copied.  All that's left is to get more volunteers, put the wishlist forms in the teacher's boxes, decorate & set up.  None of which can be done this week.

So this week will be my week off from volunteering for the most part.  I have a PTA Executive Board meeting today & a Room Parent meeting on Tuesday.  Hopefully that's it for the week.

My knitting mojo's coming back.  Shhhh, don't say anything or else I fear it'll go away.  I managed to finish the scarf for Sunshine's teacher, 2 dishcloths & have another on the needles.  I know, right?!  Dish Rag Tag V has started & the boxes should be on their way very soon.  I'm excited!  It's always so much fun.

We're enjoying a lazy Sunday morning today---cinnamon buns for breakfast with homemade cinnamon cream cheese icing & now Tangled on tv.  I have everything prepped for today's meeting as I was smart enough to do it on Friday after working at the Spirit Store at school & then tying up the loose ends for the AR kick off.  I need to run to the Convention Center to pick up the few things that didn't sell at the consignment sale---I did very well this year.  I think only 8 items out of 40 didn't sell, which is great.  Normally I let Just4Kidz donate what doesn't sell, but this time around I'll pick up my things & add them to the Sara Spano donations at school.  I put up the sign & bins a week ago Thursday & they're overflowing!  So awesome that we have such generous parents!!  I'll need to run by the clothing bank this week or early next with our donation.

Off to watch a little Tangled with Sunshine before I need to get ready.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend & that Irene's not being too mean to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment