Monday, August 15, 2011

When Monday works

Isn't it awesome when Monday isn't this day that everyone is dreading?  Personally, I like Mondays.  I was born on a Monday.  Hunter came home from Kuwait in '02 on a Monday.  And technically from Iraq in '03 on a Monday although, if I recall correctly, it was after midnight when they were released to us.  But I digress. . .

I like Mondays because I get my house back.  I love having Hunter & Sunshine home on the weekends so we can do things together or just be lazy together.  But come Monday morning I want MY time.  My time to watch DVR'd shows that no one but me would watch, my time to clean, my time to get work done.  

Today was one of those days where everything came together.  I got Sunshine off to school, walked the dogs, convinced Hunter to call his podiatrist to see if he could switch his 3pm appointment to earlier in the day (which he did) & then to try to get in to see his regular doc on post.  I managed to get 2 loads of laundry done & ran to Target.

When I got home I checked my email & discovered that the people from the Coca Cola Space Science Center had replied to my inquiry about a school visit during our book fair next month.  Every book fair we do some sort of family night/event.  By doing so we get Scholastic "dollars" which help offset the amount we owe to Scholastic for buying books.  This year's theme is To The Book Fair And Beyond!   How could we not try to get the CCSSC involved?!  They will be coming out & setting up a dome so that families can listen to stories "under the stars"  How cool is that?!!  The best part is that because we are part of  our school district (as opposed to another county), it's free.  FREE!  The PTA Treasurer in me is beyond giddy over this!  We generally do well sales wise during Family Night events & I'm hoping this one is no different!  Of course, this does put the pressure on for our Spring '12 Book Fair Family Night. 


I also signed up for Dish Rag Tag V today.  This will be my 4th DRT & I am so excited!  Last year's team finished in the top 5 which is a big accomplishment.  The DRT is a lot of fun--you're assigned to a team, the dish rag box travels the country  & is pretty beat up by the time it gets to me.  Our mail comes before noon most days so I've been able to knit the pattern in a couple hours, get my goodies boxed up & be at the PO to mail it out in the same day.  Yes, there are other people out there who are as competitive as I am!

Speaking of knitting--tonight is Knit Night @ Panera.  I'm almost finished with my scarf for Sunshine's teacher  from last year but am thinking that I'll CO for the little Bunny Blanket Buddy (LionBrand has the pattern).  It's a quick knit so hopefully I can get it done tonight & then back to my scarf & dishcloths for the staff @ Panera.  They're a thank you for hosting us each week.  

Tomorrow is back to the volunteer grind---making 500 some odd copies of the Book Fair letter, copies of the teacher's classroom request form & the teacher's classroom sign up sheets for Book Fair.   The Ricoh copier & I have a very close relationship.  

Happy Monday---I hope yours was as good as mine!



3 comments:

  1. I'll at least say that this Monday wasn't as frantic as most non-holiday Mondays. They would be my favorite. But look at you! Congrats on the big email today! That will be an incredible and memorable book fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The copier in my office hates me! Not that I keep tabs, but I think it's Copier 63, Jami 0
    I'm hoping to have a better relationship with the new one on order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to say that Ricoh-Suave & I have a great relationship. He doesn't beep at me too much & I don't pound on him with my fist.

    BTW, 557 copies of the letter home, 7 copies of the Class schedule sheet, 27 teacher wishlist forms.

    ReplyDelete