Thursday, March 17, 2011

Best Hump Day Afternoon, Ever!





Hunter's always been fascinated by RC planes & has owned a couple since we've been together. One met a brutal death on a field on post. When our new furniture arrived he gave a little demo to the movers with his little helicopter (which Sunshine loves, but Smitty hates).

So, yesterday when he asked Sunshine if she wanted to go out to post to watch him fly his plane, I chimed in that I wanted to go too!

What a wonderful afternoon---we drove to an old air strip past Uchee Creek, but near Fryar Field. As we were getting out of the car, we noticed a large plane overhead. Then we noticed the airborne students jumping out. Good thing I brought the DSLR camera rather than my little point & shoot! Sunshine was amazed by the jumpers but was soon focusing her attention on Daddy's plane.

I fully admit, I have NO interest in RC planes or the like, but it was really fun to watch Hunter make his plane fly, do little tricks & land. Sadly, toward the end the battery died & she crashed. A new propeller is on the "to do" list & more battery power is needed, but wow, such a fun afternoon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment