Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dealing with Addiction

Specifically my addiction to Charlie Sheen & the train wreck that his life has become.

I was smitten with him when I saw Ferris Bueller oh so many years ago. Loved him in Platoon (okay, I just really liked Platoon). Just loved him, but I admit, I did NOT watch "Two and a half men" I just don't do sitcoms.

Lately I've found myself watching his webcasts. I have no idea why. Maybe it's morbid curiosity. I just can't NOT watch. The rants, the rambling, the over all nuttiness suck me in each time.

I know it's tragic, but I can't help it. It's clearly not educating me nor am I gaining anything by watching, yet I do.

I can't imagine the pain his family is experiencing as a result of his behavior. His children (with the exception of one) aren't old enough to know what's going on, but they're old enough to miss daddy. And in the age of the internet, this stuff won't be going away so they'll be able to find it when they're old enough to access the 'net.

Today is Ash Wednesday & while I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, I'm trying to figure out what to give up for Lent. I'll admit, Charlie Sheen was on the list. I'm leaning toward fast food. I don't eat a real lot of it, but I really shouldn't be eating it, period. Sonic's strawberry shakes bring a smile to my face, but certainly do nothing for my hips. And let's be real---it's March in Georgia, next month can be warm enough for pool weather. We try to eat healthy at home & I try to limit what treats come into our house as I do all the grocery shopping, but I've been known to grab a quick lunch on the run or on a road trip. It's pretty hard to eat a salad while driving. Just sayin'.

So I have a couple hours to figure out what's going away for Lent. Right now I'm leaning toward fast food. Charlie Sheen may not be informative or educational, but he's not bad for my health (or figure) the way a strawberry shake or cheeseburger is.

Duh, Winning!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I decided to give up chocolate. It's going to be a struggle. It is Reese's Egg season, afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to not give up Charlie for Lent. :o)

    ReplyDelete