Saturday, March 12, 2011

There's very few things in life

that feel better than sleeping in on a Saturday morning? Especially when you're a parent. And your spouse has been sleeping in (10 am average!) all week due to being on Spring Break. I'm proud to admit, I rolled out of bed at 9:49 am this morning! It was heavenly!

Sunshine & I went to a matinee of Mars Needs Moms this afternoon. Her choice. At some point she decided she didn't want to see Gnomeo & Juliet but MNM was a must see. Total mixed bag! The message was very positive, but there were some scenes where she sat on my lap with both her & my hands over her eyes. Several scenes brought tears to her eyes (and mine) but the ending left her happy & dancing in her seat. We saw some previews that we promised we'd see next month & oh so many annoying commercials. I don't need (or want) to see Diet Coke or Sprite commercials in the movie theaters. I want my movie trivia & my previews. That's it.

Tonight we "Spring Ahead" & set the clocks ahead one hour. I'm secretly admitting that I'm afraid of doing this. Obviously I've done it many times before, but I almost always suffer from sleep issues in the days & sometimes weeks that follow. Ambien helps but ugh, I hate relying on it to get to sleep. Fortunately, it doesn't bother Sunshine. Both of us don't need to be sleep deprived!

Next week is busy as I'm helping out a friend whose regular sitter is recovering from a ruptured appendix. Sunshine & her son (the friend) sit next to one another in class & I'll be watching his little sister who is 4. And spunky. We're going to have fun going to story time & playing. I'm sure she's going to love Smitty & Sunshine's dolls. Which reminds me, I need to let Sunshine know to put away anything she doesn't want A. getting into.

We also have our Family Fun Night at school next weekend. I managed to open my big mouth at last week's PTA Exec. Board meeting to let the FFN chair know how she could go about getting volunteers from local high schools to help out. Of course, this resulted in ME making calls/sending emails to recruit said volunteers. I'm a little concerned as I haven't heard from any yet. Is it wrong of me to not want to run the event in our class (as co-room mom) because no one else will volunteer? I spent an hour at Fall Festival running the train ride (along with the other co-room mom, 1 parent volunteer & our teacher who all did an hour each) & didn't enjoy FF w/ Sunshine & Hunter as a result. If more parents volunteered we could have shorter shifts & everyone could enjoy their evenings with their family. I'm sure somewhere another PTA volunteer is saying the same thing.

Off to bed in hopes of getting a good night's rest & not tossing & turning like I have in years past!

Spring is on it's way!



No comments:

Post a Comment