Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Imagination

Remember Gilda Radner & the early years of SNL? I was around 10 when my parents in some sort of lapse of awareness of what SNL was, would let me stay up on occasion to watch SNL if my oldest brother (10 years older than me) was home. I remember seeing so many now-classic sketches. Gilda always made me laugh. Especially the Judy Miller show.

Now I look at this clip & laugh because there are so many times that the modern day Judy Miller Show plays out in my home under it's new name of The Sunshine Show. Seriously. The imagination on this kid is insane. Insane in an entirely good way. The things she comes up with are absolutely amazing. Today we had a full on re-enactment of Cinderella in the drive way while I sat & knitted. And giggled as I watched. It was proceeded by the Leprechaun Show, complete with a green sand pail on her head as a hat. And Irish dancing.

A few weeks ago I was talking with her teacher & we both agreed the imagination & sense of humor were off the charts. I confessed that she makes us laugh at least once a day, usually more with her antics or comments.

Her knock-knock jokes are getting a little stale however---perhaps she needs a new joke writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment