Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Yes, I realize it's two months early, but my ring from Gold 'n Gems came today! I was so excited, I opened the package at the end of the drive way while I was talking to our next door neighbor.

I LOVE my ring! If you'll remember, Sunshine & I found this stone (corundum), didn't think it was anything valuable & threw it over the edge of the sluice. Read here if you need to remember the story.

At any rate, my ring came today & it's more beautiful than I could have imagined. The color is lovely & actually a deeper raspberry than the photo shows. It's a cabochon cut stone with an asterism. JewelInfo4u describes an asterism as: a phenomenon by which a star shaped light effect has been shown across the surface of the gem through the reflection or transmission of light.

I'm still chuckling over the fact that I didn't want to "grubbin" for stones, but I'm so glad we did. It was a great time & I'm so happy with how my ring turned out. Now I'm off to look at their catalog to see what settings they have for earrings. Sunshine & I found an awful lot of amethysts!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: