Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to me & more

Today I turn 44.  44 on the 4th.  4 is a big number in our family.  My birthday & Hunter's birthday are both on the 4th.  Our anniversary is on the 4th, Sunshine was born in the 4th month of the 4th year.  Even our sweet puppy Libby was born on a multiple of 4 (2/16/03).  We got Tinkerbell in the 4th month.  So yeah, I'm a big 4 fan!

I started calling my birthday "The Week of Laurie" many years ago when celebrations lasted over the course of a few days.  Now it's sort of a week & half.  My mom usually starts if off as her card arrives before August is even over.  It's from her that I get my sense of urgency when it comes to being on time for things.

I've had a great Week of Laurie so far--cards, calls with early wishes, texts, FB posts.  Thank you all for remembering me!  We're hoping to get to the Balloon Festival at Callaway Gardens this evening but the rain that's coming down now may mean we can't.  Sniff.

They say that with age comes wisdom & I've certainly found that to be true.  Mistakes I made in my 20's & 30's, I'd never dream of doing now.  I've also discovered what I'm willing to put up with in my life.  And who I want around me & my little family.  We have wonderful friends here who are caring & who provide tremendous support.  And for them, I am grateful.  There are days when it stinks to live so far away from family, but they help us.


Off to get Sunshine to do a "stop raining" dance so we're able to enjoy our picnic supper tonight under the balloons!


1 comment: